Monday, July 30, 2018

#amsterdamcanals Days Go By

Summer is heating up here in Amsterdam, the city is in full party mode Mid Summer plus Pride and music festivals are making this city a must experience for the lovers of fun.
The city is getting crowder with visitors and locals a like.
I just had a nice visit from my friend Joao and together we had a lot of fun, lots of good food, boat rides and some of the night life, something I had not done for a while.
When you live in the centre of the city your world gets smaller everything is a 5 min walk away.
Now a days when I get friends visiting I make sure I see with them other wonderful parts of Amsterdam.
Its fun to go around and look at the city planning, the parks the buildings and the transport system some very old others very new.
I did not have time in the spring to do a big cleaning in the house, but now with the high heat its hard to start I will do it later in September.
There as been a big increase in pollution from all the human activity, lots of plastic and other materials are being thrown on the streets with no regard to where they will end up.
Lots of the stuff will end up on the canals, its hard to go over a bridge without noticing how dirty the canals are.
I have started picking up the plastic from my street, I was doing it yesterday and a couple of my neighbours decided to join in 20 min we had 3 bags full of plastic and a smile on our faces.
There is a small attempt by some brave people on boats to clean some of the rubbish on the canals, I guess the city government is doing its best as well but the battle is very big.
Maybe we need to educate the tourists and locals on how to be more considerate with their waste.
I think there is a big opportunity for Amsterdam as a city to show the capitals of the world how to manage the increase of tourism and at the same time reduction of pollution .
That is pretty much what I had to say, all is well in my Amsterdam and let the fun continue.
Happy Summer to all from Amsterdam My City My Life

MMaxi18











Amsterdam Schinkle 


Overtom 

Amsterdam Canals 




No comments:

Post a Comment